The infographic demonstrates how we help businesses.
InCredAbles Mentor Scheme
The InCredAbles Mentor Scheme
The InCredAbles mentoring programme links new ambitious companies demonstrating a growth mindset with experienced entrepreneurs to share knowledge and expertise.
Selected companies will have the opportunity to select up to three entrepreneurial mentors to support them during their journey to success. Companies will be required to submit financial data (for research purposes) in advance of starting the programme. Intervention- impact will be assessed after six months and fiscal/employment analysis conducted at the companies’ year end either as a one-off or on an ongoing basis as required. Mentored companies will be expected to act as mentors when appropriate.
All mentors will be renowned in their field, highly experienced and demonstrate the InCredAble values:
- Companies considered to have a growth mindset will be brought together by personal invitation from the InCredAbles founders and asked to articulate the barriers to growth they are currently experiencing.
- Companies will confirm their preferred mentors from a selection provided based on their requirements and will instigate the first meeting.
- Both parties will sign up to a Mentor Charter to guide the spirit of the programme.
- Mentors will share information, expertise and contacts in order to help the company overcome growth barriers.
- Companies benefit from a minimum of 2-3 hours per month of bespoke sessions with mentors to advise on business development areas.
- 6-8 Mentoring drop-in sessions will also be delivered each year alongside the bespoke mentoring offer for specific advice when required. Areas of technical or professional expertise will also be provided by InCredAbles partners.
- The focus of the scheme is to assist companies to overcome barriers to growth, however, knowledge and information sharing from both parties is encouraged where relevant and appropriate.
- As the mentoring relationship unfolds, the companies will be asked to engage in some research led by Teesside University, to better understand the impact of the InCredAbles intervention for the benefit of future companies.
The InCredAbles Mentor Charter
Mentoring: “….help by one person to another in making significant transitions in knowledge, work or thinking” (Clutterbuck, D & Megginson, D, Mentoring Executives and Directors, 1999)
The InCredAbles mentoring experience should be:
Bespoke – each mentoring relationship is different, so there are no set rules. Both parties should follow these principles to ensure a mutually beneficial and convenient relationship
Focussed – initial objectives/milestones will be set based on the needs of the company
Structured – both parties reach a communication agreement, including how often they will meet, what form these meetings will take, and prepare adequately
Relevant – advice, networking and development opportunities provided by the Mentor should be relevant to the company’s core vision and objectives
Realistic – Expectations of time and commitment should be agreed at the initial meeting
Altruistic – both parties should prioritise the growth and development of the company
Confidential – each party’s privacy should be respected and not discussed outside of the mentoring agreement unless agreed
Beneficial – the purpose of the mentoring arrangement is to assist the company to overcome barriers to growth. Either party can end the mentoring scheme at any point if the relationship is not deemed as beneficial to the company or objectives have been achieved.
Helping Realise Ambitions
Who are we?
A group of North East leaders who want to raise aspirations and drive prosperity in the region.
What is our vision?
“To provide a platform, which is truly inclusive and action oriented, the main purpose of which is to build entrepreneurial aspiration, economic wealth and prosperity in the region”
Do you have questions?
Please don't hesitate to call us, we are committed towards providing the support you need.